Wednesday 18 August 2010

The Changing Covers of Urban Fantasy

There's the whole adage of never judging a book by it's cover, but sometimes it's the cover that first attracts your attention. I know I've been suckered in purchasing books based on a good title, nice cover and an interesting blurb! So what is the typical fantasy cover? Well, Orbit may have the answer.

They have done a survey of the covers of Fantasy books released in 2010 and compared them to 2009 releases, including my particular favourite genre -  Urban Fantasy -Orbit UF Cover. It's pretty interesting to see how covers have changed in just a year - and I have to say (or write in this case!) I much prefer the typical 2010 cover - I never liked high-heels and short skirts on my heroines! Have a look and let me know what you think. What do you like on front covers?

No comments:

Post a Comment