Friday 12 November 2010

Book Blogger Hop #8

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books  and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! 



"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"

 


If I know it is part of a series, then I will check out the first of the series before reading the book that initially caught my eye. I tend to hate starting in the middle of a series - you tend to miss a lot of character development, even if the best books are later in the series.

 

There have been occasions though when I've read books that are part of a series without reading the first book. One of my favourite series is  the Obernewtyn series by Isobelle Carmody and I actually started reading the series (many years ago! When will the final books come out?!) with the second book, The Farseekers and loved it!


So it can work - perhaps I should try it more often...?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mel

    I am stopping by for the Hop. I am also a new follower. I usually try and start a series with book one but have also occassionally found myself reading books out of sync; including my current read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Happy Friday and blogger hop along! Btw, I love my kindle too! Aren't they awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel! I'm a new follower stopping in from the hop!

    I am one of those people who has to read a series in order. I always feel like I'd be missing out on too much if I skip around.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I'm stopping by for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday. I hope you have a great weekend. Happy Reading!

    I'm an old follower.

    Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies

    ReplyDelete
  5. hopping by!I try to start with book one :)http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mel - ooo... what are you reading now?

    Thanks everyone for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete