Today I'm announcing my participation in Floor to Ceiling Books' Speculative Fiction Challenge next year. Most of the books I read have some speculative element in it so hopefully this will be a fairly 'easy' challenge - but I hoping to add a few Science-Fictions books to this challenge as well. Most of my reading for the last few months has been on Urban Fantasy & Fantasy arena so hopefully this will help me stretch a little! :)
Details for this challenge are below - if you fancy joining in as well head over and visit Amanda at Floor to Ceiling Books for the sign up.
- To sign up you must make a post on your blog about participating in the Challenge - you then use the URL of the sign up post to add to Mr Linky on FTC Books.
- You must add the button to your sidebar - make sure that it links back to this post so others can join the challenge if they wish.
- Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 - 31 Dec 2011
- Rules: To read 12 Speculative Fiction novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum - you can read more if you wish!)
- You don't have to choose your books ahead of time, you can add them as you go. If you do list them upfront, you can change them. Books for this challenge can be used to fulfil other challenges.
- You can join anytime between now and the later part of next week - but the sooner you start, the sooner your chances for prizes!
- At the beginning of Jan 2011 (and the beginning of all subsequent months in 2011), you will find a link to add your reviews. Amanda will be putting up a monthly prize which will be formed from duplicate books/ARCs that received as a reviewer. You must be signed up to the challenge and add the link to your review to be entered into the monthly prize draw