Saturday 15 September 2012

On My Wishlist #101

This is a meme that started on Book Chick City before moving to Cosy Books and is now hosted by the wonderful Sarah at Workaday Reads. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track!
I've been lusting after some fantasy stories recently...
 
The Silvered - Tanya Huff
Publisher: DAW (November 2012)
The Empire has declared war on the small, were-ruled kingdom of
Aydori, capturing five women of the Mage-Pack, including the wife of the were Pack-leader. With the Pack off defending the border, it falls to Mirian Maylin and Tomas Hagen—she a low-level mage, he younger brother to the Pack-leader—to save them. Together the two set out on the kidnappers’ trail, racing into the heart of enemy territory. With every step the odds against them surviving and succeeding soar...
 
I like Tanya Huff contemporary stories - the Keeper trilogy is great fun! This is the first of a new fantasy series she's written and I am looking forward to seeing what she comes up with!
 
Spirit's End (Eli Monpress #5) - Rachel Aaron
Publisher: Orbit (November 2012)
Eli Monpress is clever, he's determined, and he's in way over his head.
First rule of thievery: don't be a hero. When Eli broke the rules and saved the Council Kingdoms, he thought he knew the price, but resuming his place as the Shepherdess's favorite isn't as simple as bowing his head. Now that she has her darling back, Benehime is setting in motion a plan that could destroy everything she was created to protect, and even Eli's charm might not be enough to stop her. But Eli Monpress always has a plan, and with disaster rapidly approaching, he's pulling in every favor he can think of to make it work, including the grudging help of the Spirit Court's new Rector, Miranda Lyonette.
But with the world in panic, the demon stirring, and the Lord of Storms back on the hunt, it's going to take more than luck and charm to pull Eli through this time. He's going to have to break a few more rules and work with some old enemies if he's going to survive.
 
The Eli Monpress series has been one of my favourite discoveries in the last few years - and I have a slight crush on Eli - so I can't wait until this the final book comes out!
 
Daggerspell - Katharine Kerr
Publisher: Voyager
Even as a young girl,Jill was a favorite of the magical, mysterious Wildfolk, who appeared to her from their invisible realm. Little did she know her extraordinary friends represented but a glimpse of a forgotten past and a fateful future. Four hundred years-and many lifetimes-ago, one selfish young lord caused the death of two innocent lovers. Then and there he vowed never to rest until he'd righted that wrong-and laid the foundation for the lives of Jill and all those whom she would hold dear: her father, the mercenary soldier Cullyn; the exiled berserker Rhodry Maelwaedd; and the ancient and powerful herbman Nevyn, all bound in a struggle against darkness. . . and a quest to fulfil the destinies determined centuries ago.
 
This series has been out for a while but I ran across it recently in a second-hand book store...I didn't pick it up (sticking with my book buying ban) but the story has stuck in my mind!
 
Any fantasy books you are lusting after at the moment...?
 

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the books on your wish list but hope you get them all!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll be adding Silvered to my list too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of these, but I do love fantasy books. Hope you can get them soon, even with the book buying ban.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard about these. Right now I'm lusting after Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo, and after Sword of Fire and Sea, by Erin Hoffman. :P Hope you get those soon.

    -Akira @ The Literary Path

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tanya Huff book looks really interesting! I like her style of writing, and the synopsis certainly sounds intriguing, so I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Silvered sounds like a great blend there, one I might want to read. :)

    And of course there is the series you love that I do need to get to ...Eli. ;)

    ReplyDelete