Thursday 25 October 2012

Throwback Thursday #68 - Tyger Tyger


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?
Tyger Tyger - Kersten Hamilton
Teagan Wylltson’s best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures—goblins, shape-shifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty—are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn’t worried. Her life isn’t in danger. In fact, it’s perfect. She’s on track for a college scholarship. She has a great job. She’s focused on school, work, and her future. No boys, no heartaches, no problems. Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives. Finn’s a bit on the unearthly beautiful side himself. He has a killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. And either he’s crazy or he’s been haunting Abby’s dreams, because he’s talking about goblins, too... and about being The Mac Cumhaill, born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby’s right. The goblins are coming.

I bought this after reading a few rave reviews from some of my best blogging mates last year, but not read it yet. I like the idea of a book with goblins - there aren't a lot of books with goblins and I like the idea of exploring something a little different than the usual vamps and shifters. I also have the sequel on my bookcase as well...

So what creatures do you wish there were more books about? :-)

2 comments:

  1. It's fun. I really enjoyed this one. Hope you do as well!

    Oh I used to wish there were more on mermaids, and now there are more than I expected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I read this one! I remember it. And I think the third should be coming out sometime soon...or with in 8 months. :) Hope you enjoy it when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete