Thursday 22 September 2011

Throwback Thursday #24 - Lord of the Changing Winds


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

Lord of the Changing Winds (The Griffin Mage 1) - Rachel Neumeier

Little ever happens in the quiet villages of peaceful Feierabiand. The course of Kes' life seems set: she'll grow up to be an herb-woman and healer for the village of Minas Ford, never quite fitting in but always more or less accepted. And she's content with that path -- or she thinks she is. Until the day the griffins come down from the mountains, bringing with them the fiery wind of their desert and a desperate need for a healer. But what the griffins need is a healer who is not quite human . . . or a healer who can be made into something not quite human.

There just aren't enough Griffins in fantasy books! It's all vampires, werewolves, wizards, mages, gods and dragons. So when this Griffin Mage trilogy came out last year I jumped at the chance of supporting the Griffin and actually bought all three books (Lord of the Changing Winds, Land of the Burning Sands, Law of the Broken Earth). Alas, my uncanny habit of buying books faster than I can read them means I haven't read any of them just yet...has anyone else?
Or perhaps you know of any other griffin books...? :)

3 comments:

  1. It's on my wishlist :D I do not know much else than that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure.. Melissa (My World) had me wanting this and now the other Mel is reminding me of it! Yes, I do need to get these off my wishlist and on to my bookshelf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo ooo - yes - ok adding this one to the wishlist now. I'm always on the look out for more fantasy rather than just 'urban' fantasy. I think the fantasy world has been so taken over that alot of other good fantasy doesn't get enough attention. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete