Tuesday 19 June 2012

Same Book/Different Cover - Storm Front

This is an occasional feature where I compare different covers of the same book...while usually I compare foreign edition, this particular book has be re-published so many times if I included all the copies we could be here all night! So what's the book this month?
This month I'm looking at the first book in one of the most consistently brilliant Urban Fantasy series out there - Storm Front: Book 1 in the Dresden Files. I adore this series as after a couple of  setting  the scene books it explodes into some of the best quality UF out there!
So enough gushing about the books, what do the covers look like?

US Cover
UK Original Cover




French Cover

Spanish Cover
Greek Cover

Limited Edition Cover


















US Cover: This is ok, but a little bland. The storm in the background is cool  and Harry does look like he is described in the books, but I'm not really feeling it.

UK Original Cover: (Recent covers have followed the same as the US covers) This is the copy I owned and I actually like the old fashioned file style cover. It's very film noir and the blood splatter tell you that it will not be a normal book. Plus I like the tag line.

French Cover: The Polaroid of the storm over the city is beautiful and I like the detail of the photo mixed with the paperclips and magical symbols in the background.

Spanish Cover: Is Harry balding in this cover...? This reminds me of a dirty cop film somehow - very boring.

Greek Cover: Again this is how Harry is described but the brown over tones and not seeing Harry's face doesn't do it for me.

Limited Edition Cover: I have to admit this is beautiful - loads of colour, the storm, the giant scorpion and magical symbols. I do like it but it feels more graphic novel or film than book cover.

My favourite? I like the French cover best!

What do you prefer? :)

1 comment:

  1. I think my faves are the US and the Greek covers. I do like the French one as well.

    ReplyDelete