Saturday 5 March 2011

On My Wishlist #28

This is a meme from Book Chick City. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! There are so many Urban Fantasy books I want!

Bitter Night (Horngate Witches 1) - Diana Pharoah Francis
Publisher: Pocket Books

Once, Max dreamed of a career, a home, a loving family. Now all she wants is freedom…and revenge. A witch named Giselle transformed Max into a warrior with extraordinary strength, speed, and endurance. Bound by spellcraft, Max has no choice but to fight as Giselle’s personal magic weapon — a Shadowblade — and she’s lethally good at it. But her skills are about to be put to the test as they never have before….
The ancient Guardians of the earth are preparing to unleash widespread destruction on the mortal world, and they want the witches to help them. If the witches refuse, their covens will be destroyed, including Horngate, the place Max has grudgingly come to think of as home. Max thinks she can find a way to help Horngate stand against the Guardians, but doing so will mean forging dangerous alliances — including one with a rival witch’s Shadowblade, who is as drawn to Max as she is to him — and standing with the witch she despises. Max will have to choose between the old life she still dreams of and the warrior she has become, and take her place on the side of right — if she survives long enough to figure out which side that is….

I read a review of the second book in this series and sounded fab - so it had to go straight on my wishlist! :)

Queen of Shadows - Dianne Sylvan
Publisher: Ace Books
Miranada Grey (Mira) had a gift for the guitar, other instruments and music as soon as she picked them up. She was able to lull the crowd around her, and they would only be there to see her, to listen to her. This is when she discovered she had the power over people's emotions. Through her music she could make the crowd feel anything she wanted them too, but this has also hurt her life as well. She has secluded herself from human contact, afraid that she would influence the people around her thoughts and feelings that they would never have an honest thought. Her only escape was her music, but even that was getting harder and harder to control, she was on a downward spiral, with insanity approaching quickly.
The only thing that can save her is to learn how to control her power. Enter David Soloman, who sees a person in pain, and in need of help. David is the Prime (leader) of the Vampire in this area and though his world is slowly crashing around him with old enemies coming forth to take back the throne, he wants to help Mira have a normal life, even if he will not have his for that much longer.

This has been popping up across the blogosphere and I like the idea of emotional manipulation with music.

Tempest's Legacy (Jane True 3) - Nicole Peeler
Publisher: Orbit
After a peaceful hiatus at home in Rockabill, Jane True thinks that her worst problem is that she still throws like a girl - at least while throwing fireballs. Her peace of mind ends, however, when Anyan arrives one night with terrible news ...news that will rock Jane's world to its very core. After demanding to help investigate a series of gruesome attacks on females - supernatural, halfling and human - Jane quickly finds herself forced to confront her darkest nightmares as well as her deepest desires. And she's not sure which she finds more frightening.
 
I can't believe I don't have this book yet!! (Could be because it's not out in the UK until August...). I loved the first two Jane True books so this is one I can't wait to read!
 
So what are you wishing for this week? :)

11 comments:

  1. These all look like fabulous books!
    I love the Jane True books, definitely one of my fav series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I need to learn more about these Jane True books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently added the first book in the Jane True series to my wishlist. At first glance, I thought it is a YA series. Apparently not! LOL Hope you get to read these soon :)

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wishlist!!!

    Here's mine!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-my-wishlist-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Bitter Night was a ton of fun!
    Here's mine: Reading the Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these, but they all look brilliant, especially the Jane True one. I'll have to look into that series.
    You've seen my wishlist, and thank you for commenting!
    Hope you get what you're wishing for soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound like fun, kick a** reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen any of these books but they all sound good. I like the sounds of Bitter Night. Nice wishlist!

    Here's mine As the Pages Turn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive never heard of these books. I will definitely be looking them up now!

    here what's OMW
    http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-my-wishlist6.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I need Bitter Night! Mine! ;) Oh and I still need to get into the Jane novels too. Ah heck... I'll take them all! ;D

    ReplyDelete