Friday 29 October 2010

Book Blogger Hop #6

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books  and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! 

This weeks question: "What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"
 
The one thing I've always wanted are floor to ceiling bookshelves where I can display all my books at once - no double stacking any or leaving some in a box in storage. All my books on display at once in those beautiful white bookshelves that take up all of one room's wall - built in of course! It's the type of book display you see in the background of most Richard Curtis films - behind Hugh Grant and his love interest. I want some! (shelves - not Hugh Grant!). Sadly my new flat, while lovely just doesn't have the storage space for bookshelves of that quality... :-(
 
So what would you love to have? 
 

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted that too, and like you my flat is just too small. I have four Billy bookcases from Ikea, but that's all I can squeeze in!

    I do think Wolf Hall is worth a read, but maybe save it for when you are on holiday or have plenty of free time because it isn't easy going. Hope you enjoy it if you do read it!

    Sam at Tiny Library

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just keep cramming more bookcases into this teeny apartment. cuz i just keep buying books.

    although i wouldn't mind me some Hugh Grant either. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have found an upside to public transportation. Newly following you. Stop on by:Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy
    CONTEST: http://tinyurl.com/23b5ug2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just another book blogger here jumping by on the blog hops.

    Chazz
    http://chazzhart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete