Wednesday 29 February 2012

Mel's Random February + WINNER!

The second month of the year is over - and didn't it go fast? Okay, so it was only 29 days, but even so I feel like it's flown by. I've been very busy this month training for a sponsored walk I'm doing in about ten days, which basically means I've been doing some beautiful walks around London and the surrounding countryside through all sorts of weather. Honestly, at the start of February I was walking through frozen lavendar fields covered in snow and weekend just gone it was brilliant sunshine! Still the views have been fantastic...

  

So how has this impacted the reading situation?

Books
Grave Witch - Kalayna Price
At The House of The Magician - Mary Hooper (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge & British Book Challenge)
Rivers of London - Ben Aaronovitch (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge & British Book Challenge)
Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth - Chris Priestley  (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge & British Book Challenge) 
The Last Four Things (Left Hand of God 2) - Paul Hoffman
Unclean Spirits (The Black Sun's Daughter) - M.L.N. Hanover

E-Books
How To Live Safely In A Science Fictional Universe - Charles Yu (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge)

Pure - Julianna Baggott
Partials - Dan Wells
Raven Calls - C.E. Murphy

Sarah's Reviews
Horns - Joe Hill
Wither - Lauren DeStefano

Regular Posts
Same Book/Different Cover looked The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

In Books Confessions I discuss the idea of re-reading old favourites...
I also visited my first ever Author signing - my event report.
In addition there were the usual wishlist posts, in my mailbox and Throwback Thursdays


Winner!
This month I also had a giveaway for Rivers of London and the winner is....

Kulsuma

Congratulations! Book has been ordered and is on it's way. For those of you who didn't win, I'm having another giveaway for another London based book - your choice of Minority Council by Kate Griffin or Fated by Benedict Jacka - just go here

So with all that in mind my reading challenges status looks like this:

British Books Challenge - 5 Read, 7 Books to go

2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge - 8 Read, 22 Books to go

Highlight of the Month: Rivers of London was a fantastic read - I loved it!
Honorable Mentions: Grave Witch and Pure were both great reads as well - and one I would highly recommend!

5 comments:

  1. Goodluck with your walk make sure you tell us how it goes!

    I'm glad Rivers of London was good, I've had it on my TBR pile for ages and ages now!

    I'm always impressed by the amount you read in a month, I didn't even come close again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this month i've nearly as much as you ^^

    congrats to the winner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might have been short, but you rocked it. Loved the views. Wish I was there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a fabulous month! And it was a short one too. :) Hope March goes splendedly for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *waves* Catching up on blogs, and ugh I hate google reader.- I am trying it out, bleh

    ReplyDelete