Saturday 4 February 2012

On My Wishlist #73

This is a meme from Book Chick City. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! This week there are some books I've had my eye on for a while - hopefully I can pick them up soon! :)
Hunting Lila - Sarah Alderson
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
17-year-old Lila has two secrets she's prepared to take to the grave. The first is that she can move things just by looking at them. The second is that she's been in love with her brother's best friend, Alex, since forever. After a mugging exposes her unique ability, Lila decides to run to the only people she can trust - her brother and Alex. They live in Southern California where they work for a secret organisation called The Unit, and Lila discovers that the two of them are hunting down the men who murdered her mother five years before. And that they've found them. In a world where nothing and no one is quite as they seem, Lila quickly realises that she is not alone - there are others out there just like her - people with special powers -and her mother's killer is one of them.

I've heard lots of positive things about this book and it sounds very exciting!

A Bad Day for Sorry - Sophie Littlefield
Publisher: Minotaur Books
Stella Hardesty, our salty, unlikely heroine, runs a sewing shop in rural Missouri. She also has a side business helping battered women with their abusive boyfriends and husbands. When Chrissy Shaw asks Stella for help, it seems like a straightforward case, until Chrissy’s no-good husband disappears with her two-year-old son. Now Stella finds herself in a battle against a more formidable enemy as she risks her own life to recover the boy.

Having finished Sophie Littlefield's Aftertime trilogy, I'm anxious to read more books by her and this sounds like it could be as emotional as the Aftertime series was.

Fated - Sarah Alderson
Publisher: Simon Schuster
 What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it?
When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight.
But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray - is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends.


This sounds like Buffy which was one of my favourite TV series ever.

What are you wishing for this week? :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm very curious about hunting lila, it sounds like an amazing book and I heard a lot of great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished Fated a little while ago and it was good, the writing was great but the story wasn't anything original. I'd still love to read Hunting Lila thou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of the 2nd one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunting Lila was a great book- I recommend it (which reminds me I still haven't written my review yet). I got Fated this week to read as well, sounds very good! I hope you get hold of some of your wishlist books soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay and yay. Two books by Sarah Alderson and two books I really liked:) Hope you get them soon, because they are totally awesome

    ReplyDelete