Saturday 11 February 2012

On My Wishlist #74

This is a meme from Book Chick City. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! I haven't read any fantasy fior a while - I think I may be in withdrawal! Perhaps these will help me back into the fantasy groove...
The Hob's Bargain - Patricia Briggs
Publisher: Ace Fantasy
To save her village from ruthless raiders, Aren of Fallbrook strikes a bargain with the Hob, a magical, humanlike creature imbued with the power of the mountains. But the Hob will exact a heavy price to defend the village--a price Aren herself must pay.

I do love Patricia Brigg's Urban Fantasy books and I did enjoy her Raven duology so I want to read some of her other fantasy books like this stand alone...

Theft of Swords - Michael J Sullivan
Publisher: UK - Orbit
Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater, make a profitable living carrying out dangerous assignments for conspiring nobles—until they are hired to pilfer a famed sword. What appears to be just a simple job finds them framed for the murder of the king and trapped in a conspiracy that uncovers a plot far greater than the mere overthrow of a tiny kingdom.
Can a self-serving thief and an idealistic swordsman survive long enough to unravel the first part of an ancient mystery that has toppled kings and destroyed empires in order to keep a secret too terrible for the world to know?

A couple of my favourite bloggers have raved about this series - so I have to check it out! :)

Bitterblue - Kristen Cashore
Publisher: Penguin
Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck’s reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle—disguised and alone—to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past. Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck’s reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn’t yet identified, holds a key to her heart.

I really enjoyed Graceling and Fire so will be waiting to get my hands on Bitterblue when it comes out...

What are you wishing for this week?

7 comments:

  1. Hihi, someone wants Theft of Swords. To that I say GET IT! ;) And Hob's B was fun too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Bitterblue, I loved Graceling and Fire. I've never seen that cover before but I love it, it really goes with the rest of the series.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Graceling and Fire ASAP. I've only had them on my shelf for 2+ years. LOL Hope you get to read all of these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either of these, so sad! I'll have to look into them :) I hope you get your hands on them soon!

    On My Wish List

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Graceling and Fire on my shelf for ages too, they keep getting moved down my TBR list despite sounding really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Melissa, I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOVED Theft of Swords. I think you will enjoy it. So with that said, I suggest getting all three books Orbit has. lol. You will want them. ;D

    Do hope you get your want books and love them all.

    ReplyDelete