Saturday 14 April 2012

On My Wishlist #82

This is a meme from Cosy Books. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! I feel like some steampunk this week... 

Heart of Steel (Iron Seas 2) - Meljean Brook
Publisher: UK - Berkley
Growing up in the dangerous world of the Iron Seas, the mercenary captain of the airship Lady Corsair, Yasmeen, has learned to keep her heart hard as steel. Ruthless and cunning, her only loyalty is to her ship and her crew-until one man comes along and changes everything...Treasurehunter Archimedes Fox isn't interested in the Lady Corsair-just the captain and the valuable da Vinci sketch she stole from him. When it attracts a dangerous amount of attention, Yasmeen and Archimedes journey to Horde-occupied Morocco- and straight into enemy hands.

Having just finished The Iron Duke I really want to get my hands on this, the next book in the Iron Seas series. I really liked Yasmeen in The Iron Duke so I want to know what adventures she is getting up too now!

Leviathan - Scott Westerfield
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Prince Aleksander, would-be heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, is on the run. His own people have turned on him. His title is worthless. All he has is a battletorn war machine and a loyal crew of men.
Deryn Sharp is a commoner, disguised as a boy in the British Air Service. She's a brilliant airman. But her secret is in constant danger of being discovered.
With World War I brewing, Alek and Deryn's paths cross in the most unexpected way…taking them on a fantastical, around-the-world adventure that will change both their lives forever.

This sounds like a fun read!

Boneshaker - Cherie Priest
Publisher: Tor Books
Boneshaker derives its title from the Bone-Shaking Drill Engine, a device designed to give Russian prospectors a leg up in the race for Klondike gold. Unfortunately, there was one hitch: On its trial run, the Boneshaker went haywire and, long story short, turned much of Seattle into a city of the dead. Now, 16 years later, a teenage boy decides to find out what is behind that mysterious wall. Can his mother save him in time?

I've heard a few positive things about this series so I'm curious to try it myself!

So are there any other massive steampunk novels I should be trying?

6 comments:

  1. The internet ate my comment so I am lazy and say..cool books :9

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Blodeuedd - Not the internet, it's the little demon in the web! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that UK cover of Heart of Steel, it's actually better than the US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the Steampunk theme! I really loved Leviathan and I hope you do too when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of steampunk but Ive not got round to reading any yet! Leviathan is on my TBR but I haven't got round to it yet, maybe soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover of Heart of Steel. I need to start that series. ANd I enjoyed Boneshacker. But haven't read the last one here yet. :) Great list to be wishing for. :)

    ReplyDelete