Saturday 21 April 2012

On My Wishlist #83

This is a meme from Cosy Books. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! This week I've been looking at some intriguing YA books...
 
What's Left Of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles 1) -  Kat Zhang
Publisher: Harper (September 2012)
Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?
When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind…

This just sounds so intriguing and different. Similar to The Host (which I much preferred to Twilight!) but raises a lot of questions about what it means to be human. Looking forward to it's release in September!

For Darkness Shows The Stars - Diana Peterfreund
Publisher: Balzar and Bray (June 2012)
Generations ago, a genetic experiment gone wrong—the Reduction—decimated humanity, giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.
Eighteen-year-old Luddite Elliot North has always known her place in this caste system. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family’s estate over love. But now the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jumpstarting the wheel of progress and threatening Luddite control; Elliot’s estate is floundering; and she’s forced to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentforth—an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliott wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she abandoned him.
But Elliot soon discovers her childhood friend carries a secret—-one that could change the society in which they live…or bring it to its knees. And again, she’s faced with a choice: cling to what she’s been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she’s ever loved, even if she has lost him forever.

I have to admit the cover was the first thing that attracted me to this but reading the summary I really like the sound of it! 

Sweet Venom - Tera Lynn Childs
Publisher: Katherine Tegen 
Grace just moved to San Francisco and is excited to start over at a new school. The change is full of fresh possibilities, but it’s also a tiny bit scary. It gets scarier when a minotaur walks in the door. And even more shocking when a girl who looks just like her shows up to fight the monster.
Gretchen is tired of monsters pulling her out into the wee hours, especially on a school night, but what can she do? Sending the minotaur back to his bleak home is just another notch on her combat belt. She never expected to run into this girl who could be her double, though.
Greer has her life pretty well put together, thank you very much. But that all tilts sideways when two girls who look eerily like her appear on her doorstep and claim they're triplets, supernatural descendants of some hideous creature from Greek myth, destined to spend their lives hunting monsters.
These three teenage descendants of Medusa, the once-beautiful gorgon maligned by myth, must reunite and embrace their fates in this unique paranormal world where monsters lurk in plain sight.

This sounds like a different take on the Greek mythology which really appeals to me! Although I have to say I don't like the girls names much! :)

So what YA books are on your wishlist?

10 comments:

  1. The cover of What's Left Of Me is gorgeous and it sounds interesting! I will add that on my wishlist, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one sounds cool, but no do not mention the Host..oh well, there my interest faded. But Darkness, WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Venom looks absolutely awesome! I'll have to add it to my WL :) My IMM Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Doh!* Whoops...got caught up in my Read A Thon stuff today and meant Wishlist post not IMM....:D My Wishlist Post

      Delete
  4. All 3 covers look awesome. I have What's Left of Me on my wishlist too, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's left of me and Sweet venom are two books i'm DYING to read!!

    Ella
    Stop by my wishlist? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read these books too, especially the first too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm dying to read Sweet Venom, since I love Greek mythology !

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Darkness Shows The Stars looks amazing. What a gorgeous cover! Hope you get to read these soon!

    My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first saw the cover for For Darkness Shows The Stars I thought of the TV show Dancing with the Stars. LOL Hope you get to read these soon :)


    My Bookish Wants & Gots

    ReplyDelete