Saturday 31 August 2013

Mel's Random August

August is usually a reasonably quiet month for me but this year there was plenty going on with work, friends and preparing for holiday. As you read this I will be in Toronto taking my first two week holiday in over five years... it's been a very long couple of years and I really need some time to recharge and get my head together. Plus I get to see family and enjoy a different country with plenty of new shops!

So while I don't have any recent pictures to share this month, but I thought you would like to see a little island temple in Egypt that I visited a few years ago...





Books
Love In Revolution - B.R. Collins (British Books Challenge)
Mr Lynch's Holiday - Catherine O'Flynn (British Books Challenge
I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella (British Books Challenge)
Seraphina - Rachel Hartman
XO - Jeffery Deaver

Ebooks
The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon (British Books Challenge)

Sarah's Review

Other Posts
Same Books/Different Cover - Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Author Interview: Jon Robinson, Nowhere

So updating the challenges -
British Books Challenge - 29 Read - half way to my personal target of 50 books by British Authors!


Best of the Bunch: Crown of Midnight was fantastic - I've missed strong YA Fantasy and this definitely fills that hole!


Honorable Mentions: Magic Rises - this is one of the best Urban Fantasy series there is! I've Got Your Number was pure fun as well! Seraphina was definitely worth reading as well!


So what was your month like? :

1 comment:

  1. Crown of Midnight is definitely AMAZING and I loved Seraphina as well.
    Hope you have a fabulous time in Canada!

    ReplyDelete