Thursday 8 December 2011

British Book Challenge 2012

The 2012 challenges are going up around the blogosphere and I'm sat here trying to think if I want to do any, if I do, how many and which ones. This year reading challenges did drive me into a couple of different areas so having already signed up for the 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, I spotted this one and thought it would be a great way of supporting local talent - plus I have a few British books already waiting to be read...so here we go!

So what is the British Books Challenge?The BBC is a reading challenge where bloggers sign up to read books by British writers throughout 2012 which is hosted by Kirsty at The overflowing Library this year.


The books can be in print or out. Old or new titles. They can be from any genre and for any age.
The aim will be to read at least 12 books by British Authors (which works out to one a month).   


If you fancy joining it - the sign up post is here


Some Books I'm going to try to read for this challenge - all of which are already on my shelf:

Velvet - Mary Hooper
Soul Beach - Kate Harrison
Department 19 - Will Hill
The Chocolate Lovers Diet - Carole Matthews
Noughts and Crosses - Majorie Blackman
Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth - Chris Priestley
The Enemy - Charlie Higgson
Numbers - Rachel Ward


I'm sure I will find some more as well! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Rock it and make me want more Brit authors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Noughts and Crosses series is amazing! I can't believe you haven't read it yet, you'll love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody hell! (Don't I sound very British?)

    Why the heck did I swear off RCs? Who cares if I don't actually complete them? LOL

    Good luck, Mel.

    ReplyDelete