Thursday 22 December 2011

Throwback Thursday #36 - The Enchantment Emporium

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

The Enchantment Emporium - Tanya Huff
The Gale family can change the world with the charms they cast, and they like to keep this in the family. Alysha Gale is tired of having all her aunts try to run her life, both personally and magically. So when the letter from her Gran arrives willing her a "junk" shop in Calgary, Alysha jumps at the chance. It isn't until she gets there that she realizes her customers are fey. And no one told her there's trouble brewing in Calgary-trouble so big that even calling in the family may not save the day...

I loved Tanya Huff Keeper series as well as her Blood Ties books, so when I heard she was releasing a new contemporary fantasy book I picked it up as soon as I could. Since then, it's sat on my shelves unread - until I lent it to my guest reviewer Sarah. She gave it back having enjoyed it but I still haven't even cracked it open!
Has anyone read it? Can you persuade me to move it up the TBR pile...?


3 comments:

  1. That is one ugly cover, I thought it was YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one does sound good. I also thought it was YA too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one! It's pretty different from most current UF, but it's definitely fun and a really interesting world. Plus there's a sequel that just came out, I think.

    ReplyDelete