Thursday 29 December 2011

Throwback Thursday 2011 Summary

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while which looks at those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves that we haven't got round to reading yet. I've spent quite a few Thursdays looking at books I own but haven't read and I thought it would be fun to look back over those books I've highlighted and see how good I've been at actually reading them!

The Better Part of Darkness - Kelly Gay: Still Unread
Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires 1) - Rachel Caine: Still Unread
Magic Lost, Trouble Found - Lisa Shearin: Still Unread
The Reincarnationist - MJ Rose: Still Unread
Black Magic Woman - Justin Gustainis: Still Unread
The One Kingdom - Sean Russell: Still Unread
Hunted By The Others - Jess Haines: Read! Review here
The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon: Still Unread
Memoirs of Cleopatra - Margaret George: Still Unread
The Iron Duke - Meljean Brook: Still Unread
Ghost Ocean - S.M. Peters: Still Unread
One Foot In The Grave - Jeaniene Frost: Still Unread
Room - Emma Donoghue: Still Unread
The Edge of the World - Kevin J Anderson: Still Unread
Blood Oath - Christopher Farnsworth: Still Unread
Angel Time - Anne Rice: Still Unread
Gone - Michael Grant: Still Unread
Lord of Silence - Mark Chadbourn: Still Unread
Curiosity Thrilled The Cat - Sofie Kelly: Still Unread
Deadline (Newsflesh 2) - Mira Grant: Still Unread
Under Dome - Stephen King: Still Unread
Sixty-One Nails - Mike Shevdon: Still Unread
Mind Games - Carolyn Crane: Still Unread
The House of Special Purpose - John Boyne: Still Unread
Gene of Isis - Traci Harding: Still Unread
Bayou Moon - Ilona Andrews: Still Unread
Heart of Stone - CE Murphy: Still Unread
Hade's Daughter - Sara Douglass: Still Unread
The Enchantment Emporium - Tanya Huff: Still Unread

So to summarise 35 books highlighted and only 2 read in that time. That's useless! I really need to raid my TBR pile more often...luckily one of the challenges I've signed up for this year is the 2012 TBR pile Reading Challenge so all these can go into the list of ones to read in the coming year.

What books have you had on your TBR pile for far too long? :-)

3 comments:

  1. Lol, ok this made me laugh a bit ;) Better luck next year. The TBR will hopefully help me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't read Mind Games yet!?
    Go read it now! It's awesome!

    I still have Book of Moons by Rosemary Edghill in my TBR-pile. Really should read that one or give it away as I've had it for years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to goodreads, my TBR is 500+ books, it's awful. I'm thinking of setting myself a personal challenge to reduce it a bit.

    ReplyDelete