Thursday 4 August 2011

Throwback Thursday #18 - Angel Time

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?
Angel Time - Anne Rice
Toby O'Dare – Lucky the Fox – is a contract killer of underground fame. In his youth Lucky had dreamt of being a priest, instead he fell into a life danger and violence.

Living under a series of aliases he long ago lost any sense of his true self, becoming a pawn to ‘The Right Man, a contractor of dark and unknown allegiances.

Lucky has one place where he can be without disguise, but his latest assignment is at this sanctuary, The Mission Inn. And it is an order to kill. Into this nightmarish world of lone and lethal missions, comes a mysterious stranger, a seraph, who offers him a chance to save lives, rather than destroy them. Now he has his chance to repair the damage of his past.

I was a big fan of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles - or at least the first few. I picked up Angel Time as it read like a return to form - or at least I hoped it would be. But I haven't read it yet as I'm scared it won't be very good! Has anyone else out there read it? Or should I be the trailblazer? :-)

4 comments:

  1. I had forgotten that she had this series too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember if this was the one where she went back to her writing roots or not. I think so. I'm not sure. Hope you enjoy it. Review it and let me know. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Anne Rice in years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I have not read any Anne Rice books. I feel ashamed to say that. But this one does sound really good too. :) Hope you enjoy when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete