Thursday 25 August 2011

Throwback Thursday #21 - Across The Universe

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?
 
Across The Universe - Beth Revis
 
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.
Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.
Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.
 
I bought this because I read so many positive reviews when it first came out. I've even read the first few pages and I really want to know what happens next, but once again it's been buried at the bottom of my TBR pile for a few months. I really need a super-reading skill so I can work through a few of those books on that pile! :)
 

6 comments:

  1. I've had this one buried on my TBR pile as well! and it's one that I really want to get round too.

    So many great books and just not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I don't read much sci fi, but I really liked this one. The second book A Million Suns is coming out in January 2012 and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to give this book another chance. I started it a while back and had to put it down. but I've been wondering about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how long it took for me to see that that is faces? Months I tell you, months, so embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you'll like it more than Missie. It is a sci-fi book and you read sci-fi. I enjoyed it but didn't absolutely love it. I hope you enjoy it too. Btw, I know what you mean about the pile. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this one is on my want list. You need to read it and let us know how it is. ;D Hope you enjoy it when you get to it. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete