Sunday 17 March 2013

My Book Haul / Showcase Sundays


This is Books, Biscuits and Tea's Showcase Sunday where I share my lovely book hauls each week. Have a look back at Vicki's link up to see what everyone is up too!

This week  wasn't too bad for reading. I finished the wonderful Garden of Stones by Sophie Littlefield (beautifully written and very moving) and Brush with Death by Karen MacInerney (a fun cosy mystery but the review won't be out until closer to the publication date in May!). I managed to finish Scarlet by Marissa Meyer just yesterday as well - I love the imagination in this series!
I am falling behind with  writing up my reviews at the moment - must make time to catch up this week!

So three books read this week and only two books into the house this week - scales balanced in the right direction this week!

For Review

Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain #2) - Amanda Carlson
Publisher: Orbit
It hasn't been the best week for Jessica McClain.
Her mate has been kidnapped by a Goddess hell-bent on revenge --- but Jessica is playing for keeps. Because she's the only female werewolf in town...it comes with its own set of rules...and powers. Aided by two vamps, two loyal Pack members, and one very reluctant human, Jessica must rescue her man while coming to terms with what being a wolf really means.
All in a day's work for a girl.

Loved the first book with Jessica McClain so when this went up on Netgalley - I had to request it!

Bought

Agave Kiss (Corine Solomon #5) - Ann Aguirre
Publisher: Roc
Chance was gone; he’d sacrificed himself so Shannon and I could escape Sheol. We’d raised him on Shan’s spirit radio, which meant his soul wasn’t wholly destroyed by the demon gate….
Once Corine Solomon only had the touch—the ability to read an object’s past by handling it. Then she inherited her mother’s magick, and that ended up being a hell of a burden. But if Corine can wrestle a demon queen and win, she can bring back her lover Chance after he’s made the ultimate sacrifice. Can’t she? All Corine knows is that she can’t leave Chance behind if there’s anything she can do about it.
But the clock is ticking—and she still has to deal with debt-collecting demons and a maniacal archangel who’s running a recruitment drive. The stakes have never been so high…and this time it’s truly Corine’s last chance to save the love of her life.

The final Corine Solomon book! Added bonus I didn't think this was out until May so when it turned up this week, it was a lovely bittersweet surprise. I don't know whether to read it right now or hold on for a while and savor the anticipation of the end! 

What did you pick up this week...?


9 comments:

  1. Ah, Mel!!! When you said Hot Blooded went on Netgalley, I've downloaded it straight away! ;) Can't wait to read it! I think you are doing great with reducing your TBR, sweetie. Hope you enjoy both your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot blooded sounds really good :) I hope you enjoy it Mel :)

    Have a lovely Sunday :)

    Megan xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I get caught up with my review writing, I raed a ton of books and fall behind again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Hot blooded is so awesome! I hope you'll like it too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 books read and 2 books added to the shelf is really good! I only ever seem to add more than I read... and read more than I review, lol! :-) Hope you have a great week, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books, they look action-packed!
    Have fun reading them.

    Nina@J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should get Hot B too but I am so bad with ebooks.
    Anyway enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I ordered Ann Aguirres book. I'm waiting for it to show up. :) Nice books this week. Hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read the first JESSICA MCCLAIN book. I've owned it since it came out.

    Happy reading!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete