|Blogging can be loads of fun!|
- I've made some great bookish friends online - both in the UK and overseas. There are about a dozen blogs I try to visit daily and if I don't always leave a comment - please know I am reading you! You know who you are! J
- Reading your comments. I don't often respond I'm afraid but I do read and appreciate every single one.
- Finding so many great recommendations for books I would never have looked at twice before. New genres, new authors...
- Being able to approach authors to either rave at them or tentatively ask them for some blog content.
- Winning and holding giveaways. I've been so lucky myself - I somehow manage to win plenty of giveaways and the more books I win, the more I feel I need to give away some myself - to balance the karma! Plus I absolutely treasure all my personalized and signed books I've managed to win as I never seem to get to any public signings in the UK!
- Supporting new and emerging authors (I heartily recommend Laura Bickle's writing for Urban Fantasy and Sarah-Jane Lehoux if you love fantasy! Both authors deserve much more kudos than they get!)
|Sometimes Blogging can be an uphill struggle...|
- Self-promotion. I'm still quite shy when it comes to the whole promoting and pushing my blog. I'm not on twitter and I don't currently have a facebook page for the blog so I'm not one of the big blogs that gets a lot of notice. And, you know what? I kinda like flying under the radar...
- Pressure (from myself mostly!) to make sure I get content on the blog and to try make it interesting or different from what everyone else is doing.
- Buying SO many more books. Since I started blogging I buy about three times as many books as I did before. If I go a week without at least one new book to read I feel like I've lost out!
- Time consuming - blogging takes up a lot of my spare time and a lot of my thoughts as I spec out in my head the following week and what I want to say in reviews. I don't know if non-bloggers are aware of how much goes into keeping one!
Overall the pros outweigh the cons and I am going to continue with the blog for the foreseeable future! Hopefully there will be another 1000 posts to come from me! J
But what about you? What is your favourite thing about blogging? What do you struggle with...?