Thursday 21 March 2013

Throwback Thursday #78 - The Red Tree


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while which looks at those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves that we haven't got round to reading yet..

The Red Tree - Caitlin R Kiernan
Publisher: Roc
Sarah Crowe left Atlanta, and the remnants of a tumultuous relationship, to live alone in an old house in rural Rhode Island. Within its walls she discovers an unfinished manuscript written by the house's former tenant-a parapsychologist obsessed with the ancient oak growing on a desolate corner of the property. And as the gnarled tree takes root in her imagination, Sarah risks her health and her sanity to unearth a revelation planted centuries ago...

This is one of those books i bought a couple of years ago on whim having never heard of it before. I liked the cover and the story sounded like an interesting psychological thriller with some possible supernatural elements...? However, various other books caught my attention and this has been languishing on my TBR pile for far too long. 

I've seen any reviews of it online - has anyone already read it? What did you think...?

4 comments:

  1. I have never even seen the cover, but look a quote by Gaiman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and forgot to say, the book I won arrived :D

      Delete
  2. Oh interesting. I haven't heard of it before and now you must read it and let me know if I need to put it on my wishlist. Sounds like I may...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've not heard of it either. I have the author, but not this book. Hmm, you need to read it then. ;) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete