Thursday 14 March 2013

Throwback Thursday #77 - White Corridor


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while which looks at those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves that we haven't got round to reading yet..

White Corridor - Christopher Fowler
Publisher: Bantam Press
It’s an “impossible” crime—a member of the Peculiar Crimes Unit killed inside a locked autopsy room populated only by the dead and to which only four PCU members had a key. And to make matters worse, the Unit has been shut down for a forced “vacation” and Bryant and May are stuck in a van miles away in the Dartmoor countryside during a freak snowstorm on their way to a convention of psychics.
Now, with Sergeant Janice Longbright in charge at headquarters, Bryant and May must crack the case by cell phone while trying to stop a second murder without freezing to death. For among the line of snowed-in vehicles, a killer is on the prowl, a beautiful woman is on the run from a man who seeks either redemption or another victim, and an innocent child is caught in the middle.

It's been a while since I read any mysteries and Bryant and May are always a lot of fun. Most detectives are young but Bryant and May are old men and this makes  their books different. This is a series that is crying out to be made into one of those Sunday evening crime drama like Midsomer Murders. Until that happens I really should read a few more of the books!

So what books do you think should be made into TV show...?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do think this one is for me... and as a show I would watch it. It would also work for my mom. She loves crime mysteries. I'd watch the show!

    As for books into shows? I donno. I like it when they take a book and change it just enough to make it a bit new. That way you can enjoy the books and their interpretation of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, a mystery one. Hope you enjoy when you get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete