Thursday 13 December 2012

Throwback Thursday #73 - Soul Beach


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! Why don't you join in as well? There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...this month I'm highlight some YA books on my TBR shelf.

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

Soul Beach - Kate Harrison
When Alice Forster receives an email from her dead sister she assumes it must be a sick practical joke. Then an invitation arrives to the virtual world of Soul Beach, an idyllic online paradise of sun, sea and sand where Alice can finally talk to her sister again - and discover a new world of friendships, secrets and maybe even love . . . . But why is Soul Beach only inhabited by the young, the beautiful and the dead? Who really murdered Megan Forster? And could Alice be next?

It's the middle of winter - it's cold and dark outside so who wouldn't want to escape that British wind for a bit? Soul Beach has got some fantastic reviews and it sounds really different from my usual reads. Another book that has probably been on my TBR pile for far too long...

Where do you want to escape to this winter...?


5 comments:

  1. Oooo this sounds a bit creepy Mel! For some reason when I read the title I was not expecting a paranormal read, but I really love the premise! I'll be interested to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm with Jenny... creepy! I do think it is something I'd enjoy! Read it and let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I had it on my library wishlist for ages, but the book got stolen, so I've no idea when I'd read it, however it sounds fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some bizarre reason I've always though that was a chick lit type of book??? Clearly the "People are dying to get here..." bit has escaped me!

    Personally I don't mind winter and a bit of snow as long as I don't need to actually go out in it but I certainly wouldn't mind a week or two in the sun right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a new book to me. Hope you like it when you get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete