Tuesday 31 January 2012

Mel's Random January

Canadian Rockies
So a month into 2012 already! I have to admit January is usually a pretty busy time of year for me at work and this year hasn't been any exception. I've been running all other London presenting and now I would really like a break - how long is it until Easter? To be honest I would rather be somewhere else - like in the picture above, which I took a few years ago on holiday...*sigh*... And as I've been out and about a lot so haven't commented on as many other blogs as I would have liked. There's always next month though!

So how has this impacted the reading situation?

Books
Don't Call Me Ishmael - Michael Gerard Bauer
The Spellman's Strike Again - Lisa Lutz (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge)
The Last Dragonslayer - Jasper Fforde (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge & British Book Challenge)
Must Love Hellhounds - Charlaine Harris, et al (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge)
POD - Stephen Wallenfels
An Expert In Murder - Nicola Upson (2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge & British Book Challenge)
The Eternal Enemy - Christopher Pike

E-Books
Silver Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane 4) - Jaye Wells
Under The Never Sky - Veronica Rossi
Darkest Powers Bonus Stories - Kelley Armstrong
Incarnate - Jodi Meadows
Horizon - Sophie Littlefield

Sarah's Reviews
A Little Magic - Valerie Gillen
Strange Angels: Jealousy - Lili St Crow

Audio Books
Eric - Terry Prachett

Author Posts
Author of Don't Call Me Ishmael, Michael Gerard Bauer stopped by for a post about school days

Regular Posts
Same Book/Different Cover looked Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
In Books Confessions I discuss Book Obsession amongst readers...
In addition there were the usual wishlist posts, in my mailbox and Throwback Thursdays

So with all that in mind my reading challenges status looks like this:
British Books Challenge - 2 Read, 10 Books to go

2012 TBR Reading Pile Challenge - 4 Read, 26 Books to go

Highlight of the Month: No doubt the best book I read this month was Horizon by Sophie Littlefield

Honorable Mentions: POD, Under The Never Sky and The Last Dragonslayer. It's been a really good month for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I have a pretty busy Jan myself but you've managed to read more books than me :P

    I just love that photo, I would love to be there now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad January, all things considered. I hope things slow down a little for you, though; it does sound like you're in need of a little R&R.

    Hope February's a good month for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a good month indeed :D And I love love that pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about wanting to be somewhere else. Jan was a busy month for me at work too! I'd get home and immediately want to go to sleep! LOL

    I'm determined to catch up on those Sabina Kane books. Thanks for turning me on to them. And now I even want to check out Horizon.

    Great month, Mel!

    ReplyDelete