Thursday 19 January 2012

Throwback Thursday #38 - The Hunger Games

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?
 
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. But Katniss has been close to death before - and survival, for her, is second nature.

I know, I know! I must the only person in the world not to have read this series. Even with one of my friends continually nagging to read it, it's not made it's way to the top of my TBR pile yet. I'm hoping with the film coming out this year, it will give me the push to read it soon.

Has anyone else out there not read The Hunger Games yet either? Or am I alone? :)


 

8 comments:

  1. You HAVE to read it. Really. Right now. LOL. You won't regret it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me ages to finally get around to reading this series, and the only reason I did was because I could get them via Lendle (couldn't have afforded to buy them at the time). You won't be disappointed by them. I didn't like the last book as much as the first two, but they were still really good novels, all three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally read all three just before Christmas. They're amazing, read them in a weekend. Read it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the H Mel?! You haven't read The Hunger Games?
    *tsking*
    Shame on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not the only person! I have the first Hunger Games book sat on my shelf too still unread... I will definitely get round to it before the film is out. I'm just always a bit worried starting a book that has generated so much buzz just in case I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, definitely drop whatever it is you're doing and read it now :) (Or at least do it well before all the stuff for the film comes out anyway). It'd also make a good post for your cover companion series - the UK cover is horrible, whereas the movie tie-in box set is surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *booming voice from across the sea*

    You are not alone, my child!

    *ahem*

    Sorry, that happens from time to time (the voice). I still have the books AND a companion book I won for the books on my shelf ready for me to read. Oh you are SO not alone! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I don't think you are alone in this one. :) But I do think you would enjoy the trilogy. :) Hope you get to read it.

    And so sorry! I don't know what's up with this new commenting system and my computer at home. I can't seem to see anything when I want to comment. So I'm visiting from work, limited with time, but visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete